[aprssig] [APRS] Announcement of WA1PLE-15 digipeater in SW Boston Area

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 17:26:10 EDT 2013

A couple thoughts...

> The Repeater Object you want to “advertise” is the one that you would recommend to a traveler entering the area

The advertiser should also keep an eye on things so if the repeater is
down, the object should be adjusted accordingly..  I ran into this
twice on a trip last month.  One repeater was using a different tone
and another repeater was apparently off the air.

> .  Hence great info, in real-time, but at no cost to the load on the channel.

Very useful info at very "little" cost to the channel..   There are
still the trackers with no receiver that will transmit even while the
digipeater was talking and their packets will be lost due to the
collision.

Bill