[aprssig] FW: Tranasatlantic multi-balloon mission in progress (bailed out?)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Sep 12 12:09:37 EDT 2013

Don't know about your theory, but I sure see the altitude changes you
describe now that you mention it.  I'd think that without a human aboard
it would have shot up and climbed a lot further than the 16K ft that
it's currently at. But I don't have a lot of experience at balloon
behavior.  And even more interesting is the recent drop to 14.9K as I
finished this e-mail.

However, I have implemented a habitat DB poller and am injecting a
HB-NG0X object into APRS based on their most recently received telemetry
information.  When KJ4GQV goes out of APRS range, you can watch HB-NG0X
via your favorite APRS viewer instead of going to
http://spacenear.us/tracker/

PS. The HB-NG0X object generator is based loosely on the SOLAR1 code,
but http://habhub.org/ provides http://habitat.habhub.org/ which is a
web-queriable database which is more programmer friendly.