[aprssig] APRS / SkyCommand Progress Since and Tips

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Oct 28 23:21:02 EDT 2013

On 10/28/2013 12:02 PM, WD8ARZ wrote:
> Thanks Steve. He is on a trip to the west coast. Will get with him when he gets
> back.
>
> 73 from Bill - WD8ARZ
>
> On 10/28/2013 1:54 PM, Steve Noskowicz wrote:
>> Bill,
>>   Stephen usually has his information well done and up to date, but I
>> recommend asking him directly.  I can't say if he reads this group.
>>   I'm 98% sure there haven't been any APRSdos updates in quite some time...
>> --

[Via WiFi in a Wendy's in Richfield, Utah]

1)   I am very much a regular on this list.

2)   The Bruninga pages on my website are a HISTORIC ARCHIVE (and are labeled
as such on every page).   These are left from when Bob's pages were hosted on
the US Naval Academy server and domain.   Many users outside the Us couldn't
access them because of a misconfigured Domain Name Server on the Academy
server.  I mirrored his pages on my site, so these people could access them.

Several years ago, Bob's pages were migrated to their own domain  aprs.org
where everyone can now access them.  I then stopped updating my mirror and let
it sit unchanged as a historic archive.

You should check the APRS.ORG domain for the latest version of the Sky Command
info.

3)   Kenwood does excellent radio design, but their supporting software and
firmware design is god-awful.  The absolutely atrocious software is one of the
main reasons the VC-H1 hand-held SSTV device failed. Sky Command has always
been a badly-documented kludge.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Mobile SSTV LiveCAM!
    http://wa8lmf.net/mobile