[aprssig] Annual Cross-Country Road Trip Wtih HF APRS

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Oct 25 23:55:02 EDT 2013

I will be departing on my annual cross-country road trip from Central Michigan
to  on Saturday  26 Oct.  I will be variously in Los Angeles, Ridgecrest and
Sacramento for most of November before the return trip in late November just
before Thanksgiving.

As usual, I will be beaconing as:

WA8LMF (No SSID)       2 Meters 144.39
WA8LMF-2  (Conventional AX.25 Packet on 30 Meters HF)
WA8LMF-63  (PSK63/GMSK250/MFSK16 on 30 Meters HF)

I will be beaconing alternately on  AX.25 at 10.149.200/400 (Mark & Space
freqs)  and PSK63  at 10.149.700 on 30 meters, so this is once again an
opportunity to compare the relative effectiveness of the two modes.  Both modes
are going out the same radio (FT-857) and antenna (W6HIQ  "Hi-Q" autotune
screwdriver).

 From time to time, I may QSY to 10.132 MHz or 14.230 MHz for mobile LiveCAM SSTV

If propagation is decent, you may see my mobile being received off-the-air at
my home UIview 30M HF APRS webserver at
.    <http://wa8lmf.net/map>

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF

  Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF
     http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/HF_APRS_Notes.htm

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps
    http://wa8lmf.net/ham/imic.htm
    http://wa8lmf.net/ham/uca202.htm

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths