[aprssig] Hello from Bart ZL4FOX and SARTrack

SARTrack Admin info at sartrack.co.nz
Mon Oct 14 00:54:20 EDT 2013

The HX370 works extremely well, it is the same frame as the VX-170,
which I have also used a lot while still testing on 2 meter band.

It is much cheaper than other commercial VHF radios, it is approved, and
it does NOT have any digital audio processing which is a disaster for
APRS, and which many new VHF handhelds have.

One disadvantage: there is a RF power save active which cannot be
disabled. To use it in a digipeater, you must leave the squelch open.

Bart

--

SARTrack Developer and CEO