[aprssig] APRS Voice?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Oct 13 19:46:34 EDT 2013

On 10/13/2013 7:07 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:
> \\How hard would it be for APRS authors instead to add VOIP
> connections to their IGates?

Very hard, IMHO.

> Just a little software and adding an extra UHF voice radio to the
> sound card.

"a little"?  I don't think so.  Another radio?  Some areas don't even
have decent (or any) RF coverage yet.  Another antenna?  Or are you
thinking dual bander (VHF/UHF)?  Or are you thinking duplexer? (or is it
diplexer?  I can't keep them straight).

Don't sign me up for this one, I don't even have APRSISCE/32 to what I'd
call "finished" yet.

And you think it's complex supporting all the TNCs that are out there?
Just wait until you try the various sound cards and then make it all
cross-platform because not everyone wants Windoze.  No thanks.