[aprssig] Voice Alert while traveling!

Tony VE6MVP tony at ve6mvp.com
Wed Nov 27 01:18:16 EST 2013

At 04:30 PM 2013-11-26, WD8ARZ wrote:
>Thanks for the reminder Bob.
>
>My last trip from Indiana to TN I had a call to me in Indianapolis,
>Indiana via the APRS system and we had a good voice qso. It does work.

I happened to notice someone travelling about 120 kms away just as he
entered APRS and voice repeater range.  As he was using a D710 I sent
him a message with the frequency and offset of the repeater that was
common to both of us.  We had a good chat for about an hour.  He was
doing 80 kmph due to falling snow so he was rather bored.

Tony