[aprssig] Can someone make one of these ?

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 15 14:15:24 EST 2013

All of these still look klunky. I think the ideal was to have one box, period. Not three boxes without cables (thanks to Bluetooth), but only one box that did it all.

So who is building a multi-processor SDR VHF/UHF HT with a touchscreen and built-in GPS? No one (yet). *sigh* Guess we still need to use duct tape to hold all the separate pieces together.

Could be worse; we could be trying to build it in the days of vacuum tubes (pre-transistor). It might fit into a football field then. But portable? Not on your hernia. :-).

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO