[aprssig] "station which heard ... directly on the radio"

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon May 20 14:45:17 EDT 2013

On 5/19/2013 2:27 PM, Kristoff Bonne wrote:
> I did find this pretty odd so I looked in the "raw messages" for this
> station:
> 2013-05-19 12:08:32 CEST:
> ON4NS-9>UQPTY6,ON7EQ,ON0OST,qAR,ON1ARF-2:`y_.oR9>/`"4F}_"
>
> This does not look to be a "heard directly". It has been digipeated
> twice before reaching my node.

That packet has no used (*) path components, so it would appear to have
been heard direct by ON1ARF-2.  Based solely on that packet, the ON4NS-9
station appears to have requested explicit support of the ON7EQ and
ON0OST digipeaters in that order, neither of which indicate having been
used, so ON1ARF-2 must have copied the original packet directly from
ON4NS-9.

Without knowing the path originally transmitted by ON4NS-9, that's the
only possible conclusion that can be drawn based on this packet.

Lynn (D) - K4JERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32