[aprssig] UTM grid (was: APRStt for SAR using...)

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu May 16 13:53:33 EDT 2013

On Thu, 16 May 2013, Greg Higgins wrote:

> " USNG is not defined over the whole world, so the choice of UTM grid in
> this case doesn't matter:  It is the same over the area of interest."
>
> How arrogant!!! IF there was any common sense to using APRS in SAR
> operations, you would adopt and implement the datum that is being USED by
> those organizations, NOT what YOU want! Like it or not, USNG is what DHS /
> FEMA mandated back in 2008 and what the SAR / USAR community is adopting.
> Want to stand on the sidelines, don't adopt the current methodology.

Hey, you're funny...  I didn't say anything about what I wanted, just stating facts.  USNG is based on UTM.  That's a fact.

Curt, WE7U, Snohomish County (WA) SAR.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.  -Stephen Hawking