[aprssig] information of voice repeaters on APRS

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sat Mar 30 10:43:02 EDT 2013

Please read http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:qru for a concept of how
this can be done with APRS messaging coupled with requested object delivery.

If you send "RP2M" as the body of an APRS message to "QRU", you'll get a
response in some form based on the detected capabilities of your APRS
client or radio and the delivery path between the server and you.

Local RF will trigger a standard object transmission.  Capable clients
(APRSISCE/32, for instance) will receive an Item-In-Message
(http://www.aprs.org/aprs12/item-in-msg.txt). Otherwise, a humanly
readable text description will be sent describing the item(s) of interested.

If there is no QRU server near you, or if it doesn't have anything
within its configured range limits, you will get no response.

Oh, and adding an "nnnnn" after the "RP2M" (or whatever classification
you're asking about) will expand the range and might get you an answer
for testing.  Say maybe "RP2M 20000"?  But I'd suggest doing this last
test on APRS-IS, not RF!

PS.  I believe Charles Blackburn was working on another implementation
of a QRU server as well.