[aprssig] Is floating point telemetry allowed in APRS?

Iain Young, G7III g7iii at g7iii.net
Wed Mar 27 15:56:39 EDT 2013

On 27/03/13 19:50, Andrew P. wrote:
> Greetings, all.
>
> I was adding support for telemetry analysis to my program YAAC, and found that some sites are sending floating point raw telemetry (instead of the range 0 to 255 integer values specified for the T# messages in the APRS 1.0.1 spec). Is this allowed by a later spec change I haven't read yet?

I'll admit, it's been a while since I looked at the spec, but I thought
raw telemetry was 0-255, but that you could also send values to be
inserted into formulas, to produce the "user friendly" values

Certainly I remember looking at those when writinhg telemetry programs
for PCSAT, PCSAT2, and other APRS Satellites.

73s

Iain