[aprssig] gpsd and ntpd

Dave B dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 06:34:36 EDT 2013

Hi...

Sign up for the NTP newsgroup.

comp.protocols.time.ntp

Any recent mail client should understand that, or go grab a NNTP news
client from somwhere.

LOTS of network time based info and help on that list, inclduing the use
of RasPi's (and other single board kit) for the task.

Note:  To get the best timing, you do realy need a GPS that also spits
out a PPS (Pulse Per Second) signal.  the old GPS-16 and not so old
GPS-18 rx's are the two that I know of that have PPS as standard, or go
for broke and get a "Trimble Thunderbolt".  You'll also get a GPS locked
10MHz reference signal too.   Search eBay etc, plenty available from
China of course, but check on the above list, who's the preffered
supplier these days.

73.

Dave G0WBX.