[aprssig] [APRS] CQ FD server

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Tue Jun 25 00:14:13 EDT 2013

Good question, Ron.  CQSRVR allows a relatively unlimited number of group names (and therefore groups).  Quite often, there is a CQ group with one or more people in it (CQ CQ).  The instructions for CQSRVR can be found at http://www.aprs-is.net/CQSrvr.aspx  There are a number of commands including the general query to find out what groups already exist.  No group is exclusive and a group only exists for as long as someone has joined/created it.

I know it isn't a finite answer but I would encourage people to use it to make world-wide contacts on APRS.  Maybe CQ CQ would be a good generic group and then you can have "special interest" groups, as well.

Have fun!

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net