[aprssig] APRS-B?

Thomas Krahn thomas at tkrahn.com
Mon Jun 24 14:06:35 EDT 2013

Andre,

I'd be personally happy with 432.500 MHz. Not much traffic there in the
US and Canada and I don't know about a group that claims that frequency.
However according to http://www.hamradio.lt/bp-432.htm in IARU Region 1
is claimed for SSTV and linear transponder input. Don't know how
reliable that source is though.

In Australia 432.400 .. 432.600 is beacon range. Not sure if an APRS
tracker counts as a beacon?
In New Zealand 432.5 seems to be the FM calling frequency.

My thoughts on 432.900 MHz was because that beacon region is supposed to
be moved in the UK soon and it is close enough to the ISM range so that
most cheap RF chips can be used. It's outside the ISM range though which
means less interference in both directions.

I've heard that there is some APRS traffic on 70cms in China which I'd
like to hear more about, but I guess that regulations forbid operation
in China for most of us on this list anyways. Any clues about Japan,
South Korea etc.?

Thomas
KT5TK