[aprssig] APRS-B?

PE1RDW aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Mon Jun 24 11:41:55 EDT 2013

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:29:05 +0200, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu>
wrote:

>>> I'm impressed with the 500 mw transceivers on 433 MHz costing
>>> $20 or so and operating at 9600 baud.
>
>> Can you summarize their availability?
>
> Scott has them:   Argent Data Systems:
> https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=157

I found a dutch shop that has them even cheaper
http://webshop.ideetron.nl/RFM12BP only 7.44€
One thing to keep in mind is that they use the SPI interface so you will
need a controller to add them to a PC, the raspberry PI could adress it
directly so that could be used as the tracker/digi/client host, I'm not
sure but I think John G8BPQ has been experimenting with these type of
units before.

--
73 Andre PE1RDW