[aprssig] APRS-B SRD?

PE1RDW aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Mon Jun 24 11:31:59 EDT 2013

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:53:47 +0200, Steve Noskowicz <noskosteve at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>  I have 433.900 in an HT memory.  I haven't looked into these carefully,
> but ... Could there be an issue with all the remote wireless weather
> sensors and whatever else I hear constantly beeping, bleeping and
> squaking on the Part 15 frequency  433.900
>
> 73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)

It's a 2 part question, legally these devices at least in Europe have no
protection and operating at 10 mW eirp they are easily blasted aside.
However in practice, you will become very unpopular in your neighborhood
if you start actively using that frequency because not only wireless
sensors are there but at least in Europe cheaper car alarms operate there
too and no car with one of those installed will be able to start when you
are transmitting (first hand experience when I was experimenting with
wideband fm there) one of the biggest problems of SRD uses is that there
are no rules for the recievers so they will lock on any strong signal
within 100 khz so even retuning these things a bit won't help if you plan
on adding an external amp

--
73 Andre PE1RDW