[aprssig] APRS-B? (QRM?)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jun 24 11:27:25 EDT 2013

> I have 433.900 in an HT memory.

Yes, but the ones we used on our balloons operated from that freq all the
way down to 433.65 depending on room temperature or who knows what all.
They drift when you try to listen with a NBFM radio.  When we use them say
at 9600 baud, I woiuld assume we would use the 60 KHz deviation setting
which your HT would probably not evn break squelch on...

> Could there be an issue with all the remote wireless weather sensors
>  and whatever else I hear constantly beeping, bleeping and squaking on the
> Part 15 frequency  433.900

Yes!  But we can play too and with our favored locations and knowledge of
antennas and o ur legal use of higher power (500 mw) we should be able to
have some reasonable success.

Bob, Wb4APR

73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)