[aprssig] APRStt for SAR using UTM grid!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jun 17 14:24:42 EDT 2013

We need to resolve this.  I was told by some SAR folks that for all voice
reporting during a SAR mission, that the XXX,YYY resolution was for the
10km square grid with resolution to 10 meters for the purpose of generally
knowing where everyone was.  Additional digits were only used if higher
resolution or a different area was of interest.

Are you saying that not all groups use this convention?
Bob, WB4APR