[aprssig] APRS Messenger Android released

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jun 13 10:17:25 EDT 2013

For events, I always recommend 1 minute reporting... but recognizing
that the channel can only support about 12 such cars operating simplex
(no digis) or maybe 6 of them operating via 1 hop.  Any higher rate or
# of cars will reduce reliability.

Unless you go to Split operation (Digi's inpu on 144.99 and output on
144.39, then you can double the one-hop rate back up to 12 cars...

The idea is, for max reliablity y ou only want the channel 20% loaded.
 Or you can use time slotting to significantly increase this.

Bob, WB4APR