[aprssig] DireWolf error correction?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jun 12 11:13:45 EDT 2013

> Yesterday I had a chance to try substituting 'Dire Wolf' for AGWPE.>
> The Dire Wolf is only a software emulation of a hardware TNC....
> There is no place to enter the PASSALL command
> but the error correction in Dire Wolf visibly improved performance.

I wonder how that works?  There is a lot of redundancy in APRS formats in
many cases using only 36 of the 256 bit character set meaning there is a
good way to guess at some mangled bits...  I always wanted to play with
some techniques, but never got around to it...

Anyone know more about this?

Bob, WB4APR