[aprssig] Golden Packet 20 July gaps: Killington, VT and Smokie Mountain!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 5 10:00:45 EDT 2013

Only two Mountains remaining to be covered for this historic event.

Killington, Vermont and Clingman’s dome in the Great Smokies National
Park.  On Saturday, 20 July, Just drive up to the parking lots, set up a
small mast to clear the cars with an Omni dual band vertical and play APRS
(and other) Radios for 4 hours starting at noon.  Ideally you have a D700,
D710 or D72 APRS radio that can digipeate the special event packets.

To understand the entire event, getting a live APRS packet from
Georgia/Alabama to Maine/Canada see the main web page:
http://aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

Sorry, Im having FTP problems so that page has not yet been fully updated
to 2013 participants but you can see them here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiYno6C9YkfGdHlkNHlVYUNyZEJ4S3RlTnNPZzREeFE#gid=0

We must have all 14 mountain tops manned to complete the DX link.  Thanks,
WB4APR