[aprssig] T3-Micro released

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Jul 1 15:33:38 EDT 2013

Hi all,

The T3-Micro is now available for beta testing.  This is a full Tracker3
(including digipeating capability) in a USB dongle form factor with an
on-board GPS receiver.

The only external connections are the USB connector and the 3.5mm TRRS
plug for the radio interface, so you can't use it for Garmin FMI
operation, but it makes a very compact standalone tracker or basic TNC.

Thanks to the new pass-through option for NMEA data, you can use it with
non-APRS applications as a USB GPS receiver, and applications like
APRSISCE/32 that support NMEA within KISS frames can use it as a GPS
receiver and TNC simultaneously.

For mobile applications you can run it from a cigarette lighter USB
adapter, and for portable use it'll run off of a USB battery pack.
There's no enclosure for it yet, and I can't guarantee there will ever
be one that fits this version, but at least for the duration of the beta
test period you get a GPS receiver and tracker/TNC for less than what
some places charge for a USB GPS receiver alone.

You can buy it in our store for $65:

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=170

More information is available on the wiki:

http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=T3-Micro

We've only got a handful of these boards ready to go right now, but
we'll have another batch done in a couple of weeks.

73,

Scott
N1VG