[aprssig] WB2PAY email RXCD, CFG file sent...

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 12:14:05 EST 2013

Very well explained, Stephen, as usual.  I hope my Beginner Guide does as well.
and...Yes.  My understanding is that Matthew actually has it backwards.  In the boonies you want the WIDE1-1 to insure you reach the ocassional fill-in Digi.  With only WIDE2-1 any fill-in is mute and you are "invisible" when only covered by it.

73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Oct-2011
http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
Click 'APRS Beginner INFO' under Contact

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/

--- Smith <wa8lmf2 at aol.com> wrote:

That Matthew Willis wrote:

> > Here in Upstate NY the digis tend to be found mostly
> > around cities, with the occasional ham running one
> > out in the boonies.
> > I run WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 locally, and WIDE2-2 when ...
> > out where I know the coverage is sparse.
> >
> > Running WIDE1-1 only seems too short, at least to me,
> > and I'm considering Upstate NY as "out east".

And responded with:

--
Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps
   http://wa8lmf.net/ham/imic.htm
   http://wa8lmf.net/ham/uca202.htm

Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping
    http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/UIview_Notes.htm#VistaWin7

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----