[aprssig] Receiver overload issues with Kenwood TH-D72

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 19:50:57 EST 2013

  Yes.  Dummy loads on both.
 It is a common misconception that radios or dummy loads don’t let any RF out except by an antenna.  The plastic case of the D72 is an RF sieve and even the metal case of the Alinco (if it is metal) is pretty much just as "open' to RF and the D72.
Those two radios will talk to each other with dummy loads (or no antennas at all if in low power). for quite long distances..  I'd guess 1/4 mile     ...   400-500 yards or meters easily.

  Not too long ago there was an article in QST by one ham who mounted a light bulb dummy load on a pole and operated that way and worked Dx.

--

73, Steve, K9DCI  USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Oct-2011
  http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
    Click 'APRS Beginner INFO' under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em, etc...
For:
TM-D700 |    TH-F6A & F7      |   TS-2000    |   Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
        |Also does MCP.fx files
NOT D710|
A version for the D7 is in the works.

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/