[aprssig] Receiver overload issues with Kenwood TH-D72

Max Harper kg4pid at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 12:01:48 EST 2013

If the radios are only a few feet apart I would put dummy loads on both radios, even that may overload. I've noticed that when two radios are close together that you will hear all kinds of strange noises generated. As a test, take a radio and put it into transmit with no mic connected. Then listen on a second radio and lightly tap on the case of the transmitting radio. Most of the time you will hear the tapping sound even though there is no mic connected. This goes away when you get some distance between radios.

Max