[aprssig] PCSat and ISS close

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 10:39:24 EST 2013

>From Bob on Thursday, 31 Jan 2013:

Please QRT all transmissions to PCsat to save power for COMMANDing.

PCSAT (W3ADO-1) is entering its 3 day RECOVERY window this year starting
31 Jan.

Today we got logged on for commanding twice, but both times user packets
killed the bird.

At best PCSAT can usually only save up enough power for 2 or 3 solid
packets per pass  and we need 3  successfully for command and recover.
One user packet in the middle of that and we lose it for the pass.

MY fault for not making this announcement earlier.  Not their fault.  But
if you see this email and you are transmitting to PCsat, please QRT for
the next several days.

Commanding is being done from the East and West coast of the USA and over
Germany.

WB4APR, Bob
USNA Command Station