[aprssig] A great for flying

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Dec 18 20:49:39 EST 2013

N4GVA is the backseat operator doing aerial photography.  When he is not
in the coverage patterns you observed, he does APRS messaging and
there's enough bi-directional (aka properly configured) IGates in his
normal range that you can have an APRS QSO via the APRS-IS as well.

One day, over a year ago, I saw him coming up just west of my QTH and
sent him a message.  He later sent me the photos he took of a) my house,
b) the street east from my house, c) the parking lot showing my car at
the convenience store where d) I was standing on the parking lot trying
to spot his plane.