[aprssig] Gateway with Overlay in latest version

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 16 22:54:45 EST 2013

cc: to aprssig mailing list, to get the APRS-IS wizards involved.

Looks like something strange is going on here. Your packets are being rejected, yet other I-gates using the I& (overlaid) symbol code are working on aprs.fi in my area.

2013-12-16 11:26:41 EST: W3EOC-5>APJI23,TCPIP*,qAC,W3EOC-J2:!3957.65NI07535.05W&javAPRSIgate - k3jse at coolioh.com

On the other hand, those stations are using ! instead of = as the APRS message type code. Yet my own station (KA2DDO) is using = and getting away with it (of course, I'm not using an overlay).

2013-12-15 21:11:20 EST: KA2DDO>APJYC1,TCPIP*,qAC,T2OREGON:=4003.35N/07527.43W? YAAC development server

Hessu, if you see this, can you tell me why Mike's packets are being rejected by aprs.fi but mine and W3EOC-5's aren't?

Mike, you're definitely using an uppercase I and not a lowercase L, correct?

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO