[aprssig] Army-Navy Football (Lynn?)

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Mon Dec 16 18:01:42 EST 2013

Off topic, but related . . . . . just learned that Army fired their
football coach.

While I understand, it is disappointing -- I think the man did well in a
tough situation, and with more time, things would be different.

The day is coming . . . .

(BTW, I have thoroughly enjoyed the army-navy discussion on here.)

73,
Jim
USNA '73
wb4gcs at amsat.org
Go Navy, Beat Army

On 12/16/2013 8:49 AM, ka8vit at ka8vit.com wrote:
> Yes, a sad loss for Army.
> We were at the game.
> My son is a Plebe.
> USMA Class of 2017.
> GO ARMY
> 73 - Bill KA8VIT
>
> > On December 12, 2013 at 1:48 PM John Gorkos <jgorkos at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > For the midshipmen, this is known as "the farthest we'll ever have to
> > run in our entire career, and the only time we'll have to run it."
> >
> > For the cadets, this is known as "Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
> > morning PT, every week, for the remainder of our careers."
> >
> > The reason they're tracked with APRS is so when those fat, weak, out of
> > shape middies keel over from heart failure, the navy corpsmen will know
> > where the bodies are.
> >
> > I'm ashamed that Army hasn't fielded a team in a decade, but we were
> 2-2
> > in my 4 years there. It's a well known fact that The Corps Has,
> > (http://rightontheleftcoast.blogspot.com/2007/10/corps-has.html), and
> > I'm sure the football team is no exception.
> >
> > Nonetheless, I will be wearing black and gray and gold this weekend,
> > suitably stained from a decade of tears and bitten through in at
> least a
> > half-dozen places.
> >
> > Go Army! Beat Navy!
> > John Gorkos