[aprssig] KENWOOD TM-D710G

Tony VE6MVP tony at ve6mvp.com
Sat Dec 14 20:01:49 EST 2013

At 05:39 PM 2013-12-14, Lawrence LaBranche wrote:
 >I was looking through the HRO and checked what's new. Kenwood came out
 >with an upgrade for the 710. Built in GPS and newer firmware. Go
 >figure after I decide to get a 710 over the summer. Uses the same
 >interface cables, so no USB direct cable. I think that is a good
 >thing. $679.95. I do not remember seeing it on the list here though.

Over priced for what you get IMNSHO.  GPS modules can't be more than
$5 given that they're included in tablets and smart phones.  Now if
that price included two Bluetooth serial ports I'd be the first to purchase it.

Darn.  Looks like they've discontinued the D710A.    I don't know
what the D710A went for a few weeks ago in USD so maybe my it was
priced at $680 then.

Tony