[aprssig] Interesting APES sideeffect

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 17:15:38 EST 2013

I learned of that site some time ago and agree it is very useful. It
also presents another case for having a separate -IS system with no
dupe filtering for such data analysis purposes.

Do I remember correctly from a couple years ago that someone or group
was trying to do that? Granted there are issues with getting I-gate
operators to connect to an additional server but it would provide a
very good data source for a variety of tasks, including Bob's recent
request for digipeater mapping. It would really only be a data
collection point and not replace the real -IS so there would be no
need for transmit capability, and I'm sure such a thing would only
cause great troubles.

Brett KQ9N