[aprssig] Army-Navy Football (Lynn?)

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 13:48:25 EST 2013

For the midshipmen, this is known as "the farthest we'll ever have to
run in our entire career, and the only time we'll have to run it."

For the cadets, this is known as "Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
morning PT, every week, for the remainder of our careers."

The reason they're tracked with APRS is so when those fat, weak, out of
shape middies keel over from heart failure, the navy corpsmen will know
where the bodies are.

I'm ashamed that Army hasn't fielded a team in a decade, but we were 2-2
in my 4 years there.  It's a well known fact that The Corps Has,
(http://rightontheleftcoast.blogspot.com/2007/10/corps-has.html), and
I'm sure the football team is no exception.

Nonetheless, I will be wearing black and gray and gold this weekend,
suitably stained from a decade of tears and bitten through in at least a
half-dozen places.

Go Army!  Beat Navy!
John Gorkos
AB0OO