[aprssig] APDST9 Application Identifier?

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 11:17:03 EST 2013

>From a post in aprs.fi forum, it looks like you may have already talked to
this guy before and forgot!.

On 17 Feb 2013,
Tomasz Brol SP9UOB <sp9uob at kalety.net>
 wrote:

Hi,

Im developing new tracker (for HAB use). I have found error in compressed
telemetry format parser ie:

2013-02-16 22:04:05 UTC: SP9UOB-10>APDST9,WIDE1-1,
WIDE2-2,qAR,SP9UOB-15:!/4U7)SK(<O  6/A=000000 Tracker test|!sEU!![Y|
   type: location
   format: compressed
   srccallsign: SP9UOB-10
   dstcallsign: APDST9
   latitude: 51.2773980143125 °
   longitude: 19.65575539256093 °
   altitude: 0 m
   symboltable: /
   symbolcode: O
   messaging: 0
   posresolution: 0.1852 m
   comment: Tracker test|![Y|

===

So, my guess is that Tomasz is using that APRS id for his HAB (High
Altitude Balloon) software.

I didn't post it here, but later in the thread you explain Base91
encoding/decoding expectations.

Google is your friend. :)

Randy
WF5X