[aprssig] next beta build #28 of YAAC is now available

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 5 01:28:25 EST 2013

Greetings, all.

It's been a long time since the last build of YAAC was issued. There are a _lot_ of changes in this build. Many were done because of user requests or from my finding
operational issues while actually using YAAC at an ARES/RACES simulated emergency exercise.

YAAC is downloadable from the usual websites:
http://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/yetanotheraprsc

Users who have a previous version of YAAC installed can use YAAC's built-in upgrade feature to automatically upgrade to the new build.

Important issues and changes:

1. It is now possible to successfully load a UIView-compatible object (.pos) file into YAAC and start transmitting those objects to the network.

2. YAAC now explicitly supports functioning as a Rx-only I-gate (as awful as those may be).

3. some configuration issues have been improved.

4. new Mic-E radio types are now supported.

5. non-standard AGWPE configurations are now supported.

6. support Xastir-compatible exchange of tactical callsigns.

7. the built-in mini webserver in YAAC (available on port 8008) is fixed and enhanced, so other users can "watch over the shoulder" of the YAAC operator in real-time by pointing their web browsers at the computer running YAAC, using the URL http://yaacHostIpAddress:8008

8. correct bugs in handling hijacking control of objects and being hijacked.

9. optionally support some of the new symbol codes proposed for APRS 1.2 (be easy on the art criticism in the icons; I'm an engineer, not an artist :-).

The full details are available in the release notes.

Enjoy, everyone!

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC