[aprssig] GPS GT-320FW(AS)

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 21 19:03:50 EDT 2013

Yea.  That datasheet is woefully light on it's info.  Interesting since I would "tend" to believe the TTL levels it has are the phase that is inverted from RS232.  This would make for simple interfacing with local logic without requiring two a 232 level converters.

...  but you never know.  The UniTraQ site is no better with dead links to datasheets. ... sigh...

Surely Scott will chime it...

A large majority of RS-232 receivers have a threshold in the Plus 1-2 volt range which means you can drive them with a TTL inverter instead of a MAX232 kind of solution.  So they are "TTL compatible", but not in the common TTL phase.  YMMV

  I'm also interested in learning what "low voltage" TTL is.  I'm guessing 3.3v.

73, Steve, K9DCI  USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)

P.S. The logic levels for garden variety TTL (LS & some others) running on 5 volts are 0 and 3.5 volts, not 0 and 5 volts, though there are exceptions and many ways to interface that yield 0 and 5 volts - to which it is tolerant.

73, Steve, K9DCI