[aprssig] News from DCC (5) better Views - AVMAP Dead-Reckoning!

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 00:11:55 EDT 2012

  I think a correct interpretation of a DR circle or line is that it's a 'worst case' (or would that be 'best case') indication of where the station may have moved to... (As well as the simple age indication).  If people don't know how to use the information, that's another problem, perhaps training.  There are already way too many things in ham radio that many hams don't understand, but that shouldn't make it invalid to have.
  It seems to me that it is only useful in limited situations so it should
be 'turn-offable'.

  Perhaps a different name would help prevent misunderstanding.
ET - Estimated Travel
EUoP - Estimated Uncertainty of Position
DOA - Dilution of Accuracy
PPU - Potential Position Uncertanty
DR - Determined Radius (of potential travel) (;-)

73, Steve, K9DCI  USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Oct-2011
  http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
    Click 'APRS Beginner INFO' under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em, etc...
For:
TM-D700 |    TH-F6A & F7      |   TS-2000    |   Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
        |Also does MCP.fx files
NOT D710|
A version for the D7 is in the works.

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/