[aprssig] question on aprs data routing

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 14:57:43 EDT 2012

Hi Mike,

  If you'd like an easy to understand and up to date introduction to APRS take a look at my beginner guide.   It answers this very question.
 I'm not one of the APRS super Gurus, but wasn't able to find a document that worked for me when I got into APRS and eventually wrote it for others just starting.

It is on my site below, but her is a direct download link:

http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/APRS%20Beginner%20Guide%20-%20K9DCI%20Ver%205-1.pdf

73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Oct-2011
http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
Click 'APRS Beginner INFO' under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em, etc...
For:
TM-D700 | TH-F6A & F7 | TS-2000 | Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!
|Also does MCP.fx files
NOT D710|
A version for the D7 is in the works.

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/