[aprssig] News from DCC (3) 10 mile 100 KBPS packet links for $10?

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:09:52 EDT 2012

> Frequncy agile 300 to 900 MHz, can do 2k to 128k baud, with sensitiivy
> within 3 dB of a typical ham radio and FSK/GMSK built in.  GOogle a
> spec sheet (150 pages) for the RFM22 device.

> Of course with only 50 milliwatts, to get the 10 mile range you need
> LINE OF SIGHT.

10 db more transmitter won't hurt.   Check out the RFM12BP that
Scott/Argentdata is experimenting with...

  https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=157

  https://www.argentdata.com/files/RFM12BP.pdf

The wifi 'Ubiquity Bullets' or 'Mikrotik Chocolate Bars' are in the
same price range - just apply power, antenna and ethernet.   How to do
"ham radio" with them is a bit more of a challenge..

  http://www.flyteccomputers.com/details.cfm?wid=248&wb=Bullet2HP

  http://www.wifi-stock.com/details/metal_5shpn.html

Now if we could only do a 2 meter data radio brick for under $200.   :(

73
Bill - WA7NWP