[aprssig] Repeater object recommendation? (was Creating and maintaining a repeater object (RANT))

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Sep 22 17:03:47 EDT 2012

It appears you are the ONLY APRS source in the local area of that
repeater.  I sugggest you originate the repeater freq object from your
station direct.  At leaset anyone driving along the interstate will
see it, and being in a valley, you will not QRM out of area.  Since
your station can only be seen along about a 5 mile stretch, you might
originalte this object once every 5 minutes so you get a chance of
informing any mobile that passes throught.

FOrtunately, APRSISCE is smart enough to have a separate path for each
object, so set this one to direct.  This is not as good as sourcing it
from the HIGH VOice repeater which could listend for a clear channel
first, but at least it does not spam out of area... Bob, WB4APR