[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 99, Issue 7 (was Named stations without valid callsign)

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:29:19 EDT 2012

Similar tactical callsigns are the weather stations installed by my county's ARES/RACES group in cooperation with the Chester County government's Department of Emergency Services, identified as CCDES-n (southeastern Pennsylvania). The operator running each station puts his callsign in the status message.

We've also used tactical callsigns for public service events for the various positions along a bike race or marathon or parade, but those don't get digipeated to the world at large.

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO