[aprssig] APRS future (yes!)

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Mon Sep 3 23:39:46 EDT 2012

I'd disagree with Bob, there are not, and never have been, any future planning groups for APRS. Bob's links are all to his wish lists, not to a planning group as you requested.

IMNSHO, no planning group is a good thing. javAPRS, the APRS Internet System, and findU were not on any future planning list before I created them, nor were they arrived at by committee. The same holds for all the other innovations in APRS, including APRS itself which was created by Bob, not by a group.

The progress of APRS has always been generated by individuals, not by groups. So if you want a tablet with radio, make one, or convince someone with the needed skills to make one. Or use a tablet and bluetooth modem and radio to give you the next best thing. But there isn't, and never will be, someone you tell your APRS requests to and they magically appear.

Get out there and make it happen!

Steve K4HG