[aprssig] New Version 0.45 of UZ7HO "Soundmodem" Soundcard TNC Released

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Oct 30 12:02:26 EDT 2012

That's right.  I am not a lawyer but I do know there's a lot of
precedent here.  Only a utility patent would protect the actual
mechanism, and it would have to be novel and non-obvious to warrant that.

That said, I don't like starting fights over this stuff unnecessarily.
It's fair for George to not want his hard work to benefit commercial
competitors, but reinventing the wheel won't really benefit anyone.  I'm
a firm believer in the aphorism "a rising tide lifts all boats" -
greater compatibility and less duplication of effort is in everyone's
best interest.

Scott
N1VG