[aprssig] APRS Telemetry Question

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 18:04:58 EDT 2012

  I'll be more explicit.  My intent was not to argue the spec, but simply to point out that unfortunately, an answer of "read the 101 spec" doesn't answer all questions (read: 'specify the protocol') fully, so follow up questions are to be expected.

  It also "says" the Telemetry starts with a "T" when, from comments here, it must start with "T#".

  The answers did get me a better understanding of what I wanted that was difficult to get from the spec alone and I thank the responders for that.

  In addition, since my local digi is somehow crippled, it is difficult getting real off-air packets right now.  This level is not where I spent most of my time gaining an understanding of APRS.

73, Steve, K9DCI  USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)