[aprssig] APRS Telemetry Question (BLN#s)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Oct 12 16:26:47 EDT 2012

> Bulletins are... sent using the same format as text messages,
> they only have BLN as the first three characters...

Correction:  They have a required four byte field with the first 3 bytes
being BLN.  But a 4th letter or number is required.  That 4th byte (either
a letter or number) is always used to sort multiple BLN#'s from the same
sender on receipt so that a multi-line bulletin (paragraph) can be assured
of being VIEWED by the recepient assembled in sequence independent of
individual time of rcepit.

Also, any IDENTICALL BLN# must OVERWRITE any previous BLN# so that these
same multi-line BULLETINS can be line-by-line updated or edited by the
sender and till be seen in the full edited form on receipt.

I am taking the above sentence out of context, so ignore if this comment
does not apply...

Bob, WB4APR