[aprssig] APRS Telemetry Question

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 19:41:05 EDT 2012

--- Lynn  wrote:

> See Chapter 13 of aprs101.pdf ...

Done.  Looks simple enough, but some things are not clicking....

Q:  Is Telemetry a standard APRS message?
  If telemetry is a standard APRS message/bulletin, then the D700 and D7 can send telemetry (I know how to send messages with a computer into the radio's serial port).

  I don't see all four descriptive message types (no bulletins - UNITS, EQN, BITS) in the raw data on findu - that I can decypher.
I do see:
   [  KI6TSF-8>APOTRS,N6ZX-3*,WIDE1*,qAR,W6PKT-5:_01010000c...s...g...t073h50X221  ]

Q:  Are the four descriptive messages bulletins or messages?
Q:  Are the four descriptive messages a once a day type of thing (101 doesn't say)?

  Also looked this over.
> http://www.aprs.net/vm/DOS/TELEMTRY.HTM

73, Steve, K9DCI