[aprssig] Geiger counter mobile from Indiana to Tennessee

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 15:59:18 EDT 2012

Interesting article on Chernobyl.

Is there a conversion from counts per minutre to microR/hr ?

After telling wife about this.  I got to thinking.  Bill is injecting his readings and location into the net via his cell.
I don't know what amount of software it would take, but the radiation levels could easily be transmitted via APRS.  A 'radiotion level' flag and few bytes in the comment field.  That radiation server could grab then off the APRS-IS and place them on the map...no?

... OR is ther already a radiation protocol in APRS?

73, Steve, K9DCI  USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)