[aprssig] Firenet.US Server Back Up!

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:04:58 EDT 2012

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> It seems to have stabilized overnight, and (for me at least!) is now working normally,   except for a vast flood of blue-circle WX icons that never came through my port 14580 filters
> before.    Has there been any change in the 14580 filter algorithms?

You'd have to ask Gerry that.  He was trying a newer version of the server S/W and I believe reverted to an earlier version last night when something didn't work correctly.  I don't know the reason for the switch and don't know which version of S/W (or both?) allowed those objects through.  Are those objects still coming through with the current server if you revert to your earlier filter string?

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS in Search and Rescue:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/search_and_rescue.html