[aprssig] Taking over a dead APRS station (not an object)

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 11:11:45 EDT 2012

This message is for Bob Bruninga; I can't seem to send to his personal e-mail address from my Hotmail account. However, anyone else is welcome to chime in on the question.

I was thinking about what you said in the DCC demo room regarding having some other station take over beaconing for a dead or incommunicado station.

Did you mean that station A would become object A transmitted by station B, or would station B actually be forging station A position and status reports (rather than sending object reports about A) along with sending its own station B position reports?

I just want to make I'm implementing this properly.

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO