[aprssig] Is Firenet Having Problems?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:20:14 EST 2012

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> That sounds about like the right time frame.   Unless there has suddenly been an outbreak of perfect weather across the entire country, the number of yellow, orange and red shape file
> overlays on my continental US map at:
>
>     <htttp://wa8lmf.net/dyndns.org:14439>
>
> has been steadily dropping the last two days or so, as existing alerts and warnings time out.

Still dropping, or is it remnant of getting no alerts 2 days ago and further back?

> Didn't realize there are now alternate Firenet servers. I'll add them to my server list.

No hostnames for them.  Hopefully all three will be set up under round-robin DNS soon so the "firenet.us" name will work to get to any of them, and a failure in one or two will just cause clients to connect to a remaining one.

They are tied in to the core and to Firenet-1, so can be used right now.  One is in Santa Cruz, CA, the other in VA.  Firenet-1 is in OK, so they are nicely geographically separated.

     66.109.111.22   Firenet-2, VA
     198.137.202.23  Firenet-3, CA

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u